Press Releases & News Coverage
- Coverage of Lester et. al. (2018) Marine spatial planning makes room for offshore aquaculture in crowded coastal waters. Nature Communications. 9: 945:
- FSU press release, Advanced spatial planning models could promise new era of sustainable ocean development.
- Oceans Deeply, Report: Offshore fish farms could thrive in California.
- Sarah's post on FSU's College of Social Sciences and Public Policy blog, Sustainable ocean development: It's all about location, location, location.
- Sarah's related opinion piece in PNAS, Offshore aquaculture in the United States: Untapped potential in need of smart policy.
- The Lester Lab in collaboration with the Rassweiler Lab (Biological Sciences, FSU) is pleased to announce funding from the National Academy of Sciences Gulf Research Program to develop an integrated monitoring and assessment framework for evaluating the recovery of important ecosystem services in Florida's seagrass ecosystems following restoration. See coverage from FSU's College of Social Sciences & Public Policy and the NASEM Gulf Research Program press release for more details.
- FSU press release about Gill et. al. (2017) Capacity shortfalls hinder the performance of marine protected areas globally. Nature. 543: 665-669: Inadequate resources diminish benefits of marine protected areas